My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://asensesublime.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Blond Hair/Dark Glasses

As you may know I recently went from red-head back to blond. I've given sneak-peaks of my hair already on the blog - at the recent Aussie event it was at a halfway stage (still a bit more coppery in tone) then in my Tatty Devine post you can see the see the ends poking into the picture. But here is the finished article - it is official I am blond again.

In the end I went to two different hairdressers and spent about 7 hours sitting in their chairs with my head covered in nasty smelling bleach. I also bought the expensive shampoo and conditioner that they always try and sell you as I was so worried I would have done a ton of damage to my hair. In actual fact it feels still in quiet nice condition. I have been using more conditioning products than ever though, and still I am noticing that my hair doesn't get greasy as quirky as it used to, so it must have dried out even more.
The colour is a mix of very light ash blond and a warmer champagne colour. I love it. And it feels fantastic to be blond again - it is my natural colour after all (though the shade at the moment is a bit lighter). While I have no regrets about going red, as I had previously never one anything with my hair, I feel more myself now I am back to blond.


In other exciting news (well exciting for me at least); I won a competition! I never win things so I was overjoyed, especially as it was on one of my favourite ever blogs - and defiantly daily-must-read, Llymlrs. I think I have a bit of a girl-crush on the lovely Lily of Llymlrs. She has such a cute style and always looks so pretty. Anyway, she ran a giveaway with Paola Loves To Shop, an amazing independent sunglasses shop and I won. I got to pick any pair from the site!


I went for the Alex the Cat in tortoise shell as I just love the pointy ends. The reminded me of those Alexander Wang glasses. My Wang-obsession is much documented on this blog, so I am delighted to have these look-a-likes.


If you like sunglasses (and who doesn't) I really recommend checking out Paola Loves To Shop as their styles are gorgeous. They also have a Sunglasses of the month club that you can join and they will send you a new secret pair of glasses each month! I think this is such a cute idea - more shops should run this kind of deal!

So...what do you think of the hair?

xoxo

21 comments:

TraceyPound said...

You look absolutely fantastic.

devilishlypleasurable said...

congrats on winning. . stunning glasses. . goes fab with the hair

Monica said...

love the hair! i think i prefer you as a blonde :)

Monica <3

Winnie said...

Your hair looks fabulous and those sunglasses are fierce!!

daisy kate said...

They look gorgeous and your hair does too! I've never seen anyone suit these glasses but they suit you SO much. I'm very jealous lady.

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, I hate that picture but thank you for being so sweet :)
Fashion Stereotype

daisy kate said...

Oh and I'll definitely let you know if I find a good version of alexas mulberry shirt :)

Fashion Stereotype

Christina Sanders said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!
:)

xox

Tabitha Bluebell said...

Your hair looks great and I love the choppy texturised bob look....I attempted it when I had shorter hair and it never looked right. Very jealous of your lovely locks

T x

Ms. Givens said...

Love the color!

Sara Louise said...

oh wow ! you looks amazing !

Amy said...

It's beautiful. I generally prefer redheads but there's something so ethereal about you as a blonde.

And I'M JEALOUS of those sunglasses! Incredible. x

▲ WOLF WHISTLE &#9650

Alyse said...

That hair is gorgeous! What a sheen!

Porcelain complexion said...

You won them? That's awesome, they're stunning

Just found you & became a follower :)

P.s Loved the jewellery in the previous post too!

*rachelwears said...

you have amazing hair and i love the sunglasses!

Magda said...

amazing glasses! you look very good :)

Vintage and Cake said...

they look amazing so happy that you won, yes lily is lovely and i love that she is just herself. Great blog BTW and you are rocking the shades xxx

Louise Brooke Arnot said...

First time I've come across your blog and you look a natural blonde which is good. LOVE the shades as I also love the original Wang sunnies. x

www.lovefromloulou.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Hey dear,

the hair looks kinda "70s housewife". Not my cup of tea.

But the sunglasses are KILLER and suit you super-well!

Christine Lilwood said...

OMG!!! I LOVE THE CUT!!I LOVE YOUR HAIR, AND THE GLASSES ARE STUNNING!!

Daniela Rodrigues said...

oh sweet, thanks for your adorable comment on my blog. Oh, and let me teel: you are so gorgeous and I really love your hair. Is just amazing.
I'm following :)

Kisses, Daniela ♥

The Honeyroom said...

What a fabulous pair of sunglasses, I want a pair!!